Monday, July 8, 2013

NUGT/ SLV / GLD

I will cover each in greater detail, but I'm getting a lot of emails about these as I'm finishing the Futures post.

Quickly, all, especially GLD in the very short term like 1 min exclusively (except GLD that is at 2 min as well) look like they will at least hold in this area, a consolidation through time or better understood as a price pattern consolidation like a triangle or rectangle, etc. The 1 min chart being negative gives them a 50/50 chance of either consolidating through time or through price (a pullback). When the 2 min chart is added as it is in GLD, the probabilities shift to a price pullback.

There is a gap there that can be filled and the market has been ruthless about filling gaps, but because (in the case of NUGT and SLV) the 2 min charts and beyond are positive to extremely positive, I will hold all positions, even if it means riding out a price pullback which is not my typical response with option positions, but I like the positive signals that much.

If we get a decent pullback I'll cover it so any one who is interested can get involved if and when a pullback looks over and still very positive.

Repeating my basic position, I'm keeping all PM and miner long/call positions open.

No comments: