Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Opening Indications (Small AAPL Update)

The market is carrying over some of that tone from yesterday, it doesn't look good and the other charts in place make it look worse, especially with TLT looking good and on some very long charts like 4 hour as Treasuries are typically the Flight to Safety trade away from stocks.

Here are some early indications, as most of you know I don't like early trade, there tends to be a lot of gaming of orders (limit) and such, but as we move away from the 10:30-11 a.m. area, the signals on longer charts are coming in and I think the data is more trustworthy.

 DIA 1 min

IWM 1 min, but there are numerous other timeframes that aren't looking good among all of the averages, I just don't have time to post 18 charts right now.

IWM 3 min and that very sharp character from yesterday carrying through today.

IWM 5 min

IWM 60 min is a leading negative divergence.

QQQ 1 min not confirming early action.

AAPL's intraday charts are nearly perfectly in line, it gets clearly negative at 10 min which is what I was worried about yesterday and the reason I chose to close the AAPL long equity position for now, which didn't get filled so I will close it today.

The point is, there's a triangle right now, it is taken as a bearish continuation triangle on 1, 2 or 3 min chart. I know some of you asked me about AAPL as you were long calls and looking for an exit. There is a chance, that this bearish triangle sees an upside head fake move as it is the opposite of what technicians are expecting, that may be your chance so I'd set some alerts on price both above and below that triangle.

SPY 1 min definitely not confirming early on.

No comments: