Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Quick Market Update

All of those long, deep, nasty divergences are catching up and quick, this is why I prefer to have positions in place rather than try to chase all of this.

I see some HORRIBLE charts in the market averages, but Tech, XLK looks like it may be able to bounce the market intraday, remember the AAPL triangle mentioned earlier.

TECS long (3x leveraged short Tech) or XLK puts might make sense on a bounce, but this could be a longer bounce than just a blip (intraday-speaking).

I see some effort to work the arbitrage in HYG and TLT, not VXX yet, so that means it looks as if they are trying to get that bounce and I'd like to see if retail is taking a "Buy the dip" mentality" SAM? Because a lot of these charts like Financials, the averages (IWM especially) are looking horrible.

First I need to confirm what is happening, then where opportunities are right now or where they will most likely be.

I'll also try to get up some charts so you understand the gravity of the situation, I'm quite surprised things are "looking nasty" like this before Wednesday, However the TICK data reveals it's not quite as nasty as it looks so I'd say "Slow down" take a breath.

AAPL's triangle should be a good bellwether for an intraday bounce.

No comments: