Monday, September 30, 2013

Adding to NUGT (long) Trading Position

When we get these decent days down, I'm always interested to see how the CORE Equity tracking portfolio is doing as it is large, way more positions than I'd ever trade and that effectively dilutes gains, you might have noticed, I'm not a believer in "Modern Portfolio Theory", I do believe in diversification, just not over-diversification, especially when there's so much correlation and so little rotation among sectors.

In any case, these days down are a preview of how the positions should perform when we get to our primary trend and primary positions and I'm happy to see that the CORE Shorts with a couple of longs in there are not only in the top one quarter of 1% vs all other portfolios on the day, but outperforming the SPX by 400%. This to me is a sneak-peak of how these positions will perform in a primary downtrend. Obviously I'm happy with the positions' performance at 400% of the SPX and in the top one quarter of 1% vs all other portfolios on the day with so much diversification.

As far as options go, I already have enough exposure to Oct and November GDX calls, I can't add anymore to those, but if I could, I would here.

I do have about a 1/2 size open NUGT long meant to be a trading position, I'll be increasing that to a full size position.

Ideally I'd say the best NUGT entry would be below the $48.30-$47.45 range (BELOW either of those), I don't mind not waiting on the ideal entry, but if you are playing the market with a lot of patience and waiting for positions to come to you in the best form with the least risk, then those would be the levels I'd set alerts at.

I'll bring the position up to 75% from 50%and add the rest on a break of $48.30 if we get it.


No comments: