Monday, September 30, 2013

Trade Consideration: GDX / NUGT

Overnight I couldn't get a sense of gold, the charts were foggy for futures there, Silver and Gold futures had different divergences, but both were very close to what I'd call the middle in this case, that's not in line, it's really the worst reading in 3C, the one that has no value, it doesn't tell you much one way or the other and that happens from time to time, I think in large part because smart money is not always active or at least is not actively pushing a hard opinion that contradicts or confirms price.

However after looking at the 3C GDX chart this morning, I thought, "I'd have a very hard time telling a member that I didn't think it was a buy", it looks great. Then I saw the relative performance between GDX and GLD and liked it even more.

I'd DEFINITELY consider GDX calls or NUGT long here as a new trade or an add-to position.

I think it may move quickly, thus this written post only with no charts, but I'll get them up next.

No comments: