Wednesday, October 23, 2013

You'll Have to Forgive Me...

I'll be joining you in just a few moments, our SPXU and SRTY positions are up nicely this morning and the FAZ long from yesterday and XLF puts from yesterday are also up nicely (all trading positions).

You may remember last Friday, October 18th. We saw something that I doubt many other retail traders saw, I confirmed this in asking one of the better traders I know who works for a large investment bank as I mentioned earlier in the week. I didn't know what it was at the time, but between Loeb yesterday, some other funds movements, some military conflicts heating up again and an overnight article in Bloomberg, I think I know exactly what it is and why Loeb is so scared, why we saw what we saw Friday and why we are down today as expected last night. This may be a much bigger deal than it seems on the surface and I'm trying to prepare it with you.

I'll also admit that my mother is going in for some back surgery, but in their pre-surgical tests they found something that may need to be checked out immediately, that's not interfering with my day right now, I'm concentrated on putting together the pieces opf this bigger market event which I'll have out shortly as well as market updates and position management. I just want you to know I'm here, I just want to make sure I have my facts correct before presenting them, but it seems we saw something I think few if any other retail traders saw Friday, if you like go back to October 18th in the archives on the site to the right and listen to the tone of my posts, it was big when I saw it and its even bigger now. Loeb yesterday was right on time for this story.

I'll have that as well as position updates and market updates shortly. I just want you to know I'm here, just fact checking.

No comments: