Thursday, March 6, 2014

USD/JPY & ES Update

I know I mentioned SPX futures (ES) not keeping up with he USD/JPY correlation in to the afternoon and close, I "think" I mentioned that the carry currency pair looked stalled and likely to reverse as it broke above $103, right now we have both situations with this chart reflecting ES's inability to keep correlation with USD/JPY which is usually the other way around and the carry trade FX pair breaking down, it just passed below$103 and looks to have hit stops as downside picked up a bit.

 Es is in purple, you can see it hasn't kept pace with the carry currency / pair.

You can just see it breaking down, that's when I captured this chart about 5 minutes ago, since then with stops likely hit under $103, this is what we have (the second time I've captured this chart as it's moving pretty quick)...

USD/JPY at $102.954, the current price is $102.95

As the earlier post on the pair noted today, the bigger picture should resolve the pair to the downside being the JPY has a much larger 30 min divegrence.

I essentially thought the $USD would bounce intraday and later see downside because of the Yen's larger positive divegrence.

We'll see if this leads to anything.

No comments: