Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Quick NFLX and SCTY Update

I wanted to see NFLX drop below the 5 min 50-bar moving average before entering the put from yesterday, but the signals were enough to enter it, it just crossed below that average, there may be some chopping around it, it is a popular day trader average to follow.

SCTY so far is right on track moving toward that bearish engulfing candle. Both equities are in what I believe to be head fake moves that turn out as failed breakouts, that's why both were entered and added to at these levels. The overall market tone is deteriorating, I have a bunch of charts, I'll get them up ASAP, but I'm trying to balance my time between market analysis as that's the biggest mover of assets and actual trade positions.

 NFLX crossed below the 5 min 50-bar average (yellow) and Stochastics is clearly taking a turn for the worse, actually leading NFLX.

The daily SCTY chart is looking more and more like that bearish engulfing candle I was looking for in the initial/original SCTY Trade Idea/Set-Up.

Taken with market tone, these are actually quite significant as I think Yellen is trying to convince the market of something it knows from 100 years of history has never been true before, that rate hikes won't send it lower and won't send the economy lower, it has it will.


No comments: