Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Trade Idea: (Swing) Z

I'm going to open a speculative (1/2 size) short position in Z. I've been watching it for a member who entered it a while ago and it's finally looking interesting. The reason I'm only going with a half size position and I'd encourage a stop, I prefer a wider stop with fewer shares, but a tight stop above recent intraday highs can work as well, the main problem with tight stops is you usually have a good trade, retail tends to get stopped out once and forget it where prod who use tight stops will enter the trade several times until they get the position they want, having taken very small losses on tight stops allows them to do that. It's just my preference with a reversal candidate like this to use a wider stop and fewer shares to allow for that wider stop as reversals, tops, bottoms are all very volatile.

The charts for Z have looked interesting, it has been a matter of the short term timing charts not being where I needed them to be to consider it as a position, they are now getting there.

As you know there are VERY FEW "V" shaped reversals which this would have to be to work, the reversal process is something I take seriously, the only reason I consider even taking the partial short is because of the parabolic move in Z, they tend to have much narrower reversals areas and a more tight "U" or even "V" shape and as you know, most parabolic moves end just as badly on the downside as they were impressive on the upside.

Charts are coming right after this.

No comments: