Monday, October 31, 2011

Could today get anymore surreal?

The EU went through whatever trouble they went through, I imagine a lot of pepto, coffee, and immodium to get Greece "sorted out" and I suppose whether that is a positive or negative depends on which side of the Greek border you stand.

G-Pap has announced that he's pretty much out of this decision making process and is putting it to the people of Greece. You remember my post last week about Greek sentiment toward the Germans and EU at large?

Here are the bullet points from Bloomberg


  • PAPANDREOU SAYS NEW GREEK PLAN MUST BE PUT TO REFERENDUM
  • PAPANDREOU SAYS GREEKS CALLED ON TO CHOOSE ON COUNTRY'S COURSE
  • PAPANDREOU SAYS CALLS FOR VOTE OF CONFIDENCE ON POLICIES
  • PAPANDREOU SAYS GREEK DECISION WILL BIND ALL POLITICAL PARTIES
  • PAPANDREOU SAYS REJECT ELECTIONS AT THIS TIME
So all of this for nothing? I wish I could be a fly on the wall of the G-20 summit this week!

No comments: