Tuesday, March 6, 2012

AAPL reminder

Friday and Sunday I posted I expected a head fake move in AAPL and that would likely signal the real break in the market, the end of the trend and a new trend lower. We saw a small head fake yesterday, it wasn't the size I was looking for, but as I pointed out yesterday, it could be used to accumulate shares on the cheap for a larger head fake move on a closing basis, the stronger the head fake looks, the more dangerous it will be. Just imagine if a tiny head fake like yesterday could do hat it did to AAPL, imagine a larger one.

As I reminded you last night, APL is not that far gone that it can't stage such a move...


 Look at AAPL intraday today, it has closd the gap and is close to going green on the day.

We just need a move above these recent highs, preferably a strong looking move with weak 3C underlying charts, similar to the GLD trade.

Just be aware, they do have their I-pad 3 launch tomorrow and there could certainly be buying in to that event. There may be disappointment if AAPL TV is not also launched, I suspect it will not be. Then on Thursday we have the results of the Greek Bond swap deal at 3 p.m., so there are several catalysts that could push AAPL up and cause a head fake and move it right back down. This (and I'm bearish the market0 is what I want to see. Remember, price is always deceiving. If trading were as easy as just following the trend, a month worth of Dow longs probably wouldn't have been stopped out today at a loss.

One final note, a bear market falls a lot faster and harder then a bull market. Here's a quick example:
a 5- year bull market was completely erased and then some (about another -20%) in 17 months, but the majority of the damage was done in 9 months.

No comments: