Tuesday, March 6, 2012

QQQ Calls Closed

As I said, this was just going to be a quick counter trend trade in the model portfolio, I think it lasted about an hour or so and yielded +12.5%. I'm pretty sure I'm leaving profits on the table, but my intension wasn't to juice this for all it was worth, just to make a quick trade on the initial momentum.


As mentioned, it was a small speculative trade, but worthwhile I think.

This is also how I prefer to use options, just for the leverage, if at all possible, I would never buy an options contract with the intent to hold until expiration. Options can cost you money and fast, that's part of the reason I'm a little faster on the trigger then I might be in a straight stock trade, but then again, a straight stock trade in the Q's this morning in my opinion would not be worth the risk for the potential reward.

No comments: