Friday, October 19, 2012

Speculative Positions

I do like TQQQ, it's kind of a leveraged way to play AAPL as the NASDAQ 100 is the underlying for the ETF and AAPL is about 20% weight of the NDX.

We have talked about rotation recently and how it hasn't been there in the market for at least 3 years, it all of the sudden reappears after QE3 is announced, we saw it this week with our longs in TQQQ and FAS. So I'm tempted to pick up FAS, but recall last night I said I think the next rotation if from financials to tech and the signals is FAS aren't there yet. I'll wait on FAS.

ERX is going to be the second, we are still looking for that head fake move in USO, but as we saw last week, ERX, actually XLE (Energy) outperformed oil, USO and I'll be picking up ERX again.

The next is XIV, Volatility but inverse so it moves with the market .

Finally TNA for Small caps, this also gives you some Russell 2000 exposure. (thanks Japhy)

No comments: