Thursday, April 18, 2013

EUR/USD

I was just thinking about how clear the currency divergences were for Tuesday and Wednesday and how muddy they were last night, in fact I had expected a break on the SPY and we got that exact break nearly to the cent, I was looking for a move below $153.59 in the SPY and the low was $153.55, as soon as it took out that area I mentioned (in last night's post right after the close, "Positions"), the market headed higher from there. Last night I had looked at the currencies and thought it was probable that the scenario I described in the post linked above would occur, I didn't imagine it would hit the area by 4 CENTS!

In any case, in looking at the currencies tonight, the $USD and Euro especially, I thought, 'With these looking the way they do, the EUR/USD should at least have a positive divergence" which would be risk/market positive, so I looked and found this just moments ago...
That's a pretty incredibly large leading positive divergence in this risk on pair. I look forward to checking it later tonight and seeing how it has developed.

No comments: