Wednesday, April 10, 2013

GLD / SLV

I'm glad we sold GLD and SLV  (leveraged versions) when we did yesterday, it was perfect and I expected to be buying them back, however this F_O_M_C news seems like they may be bought back sooner than I anticipated.

 Yesterday's sale of GLD (or leveraged long ETFs) and I was going to be looking for positive divergences in to the pullback, I didn't expect to see them so soon.

 The 60 min GLD is very positive and this is why I expected to be buying them back.

 Intraday the flat range is developing with a positive divergence. I think some patience is probably warranted, but I may consider longer dated/expiration calls or leveraged ETFs.

 Silver/AGQ (leveraged ETF) sold on yesterday's negative divergence, today the 2 min is showing positive signals already

 The longer term went negative, put in a head fake move in yellow which are often seen just before a reversal and now a leading positive divergence in the longer term timeframes or bigger picture.

The SLV intraday is also seeing a flat range (most often where accumulation or distribution occurs depending on the trend they follow).

I'll be keeping a very close eye on these and may just consider some longer dated calls or of course ETFs or perhaps a blend.

No comments: