Tuesday, May 21, 2013

SLV and GLD

I have a lot of emails about the two. I am keeping the AGQ (2x long silver) position open, as far as new positions, I think SLV needs to base a bit more, honestly I'd like to see GLD base a bit more, but GLD does have some longer term positives that could support a bounce right up without much base building.

In a case like this, I'm not too interested as I already have coverage in the PM's, but I wouldn't be as nervous about entering either GLD long equity or maybe a 2x leveraged with appropriate risk management allowing some space, say yesterday's lows or a bit below.

The point of this is really to have a position with some leverage, but not so much that any slight draw-down if it continues to build a base, will do any real harm. This position (as long as there's risk management/position sizing), can wait out  GLD a bit better than say calls or something like that. That's why I chose AGQ, I wanted something that could ride a trend, but whether some consolidations.

No comments: