Tuesday, May 21, 2013

VXX Calls and IWM Puts from Yesterday in Double Digits

Both positions opened yesterday, VXX calls and IWM puts are doing very well this morning considering where we are thus far. I intend to leave both open.

I'm going to take a quick look at leading indicators and then one more market assessment, then some individual stock ideas.

AAPL should bounce back a little intraday so it may still offer a nice trade set up. Gold and silver are doing the right thing, I think it's just more patience there to let a high probability, low risk set up continue to develop. USO doesn't look good, we have open short (short leveraged ETFs from last week) positions, but I'd consider any rebound in prices as a potential entry in USO/Crude short here.

I'll keep an eye on it for any developments that might set up a decent position for those who are interested-pretty much everything we saw yesterday and last night is setting up as expected which so far, is strange for a Tuesday.
This is only 1 of many IWM timeframes that are negative, but this intraday 1 min is hitting a new low as far back as I can go on the chart.

No comments: