Friday, May 17, 2013

VIX

I see a lot of people are getting a kick out of the whole SPX 666 / SPX 1666 affair, I guess someone may have a sense of humor.

 TLT in green vs SPX in red, interesting that TLT didn't care at all about the EOD ramp-this was a ramp. If you paid attention to the posts today, you know why, you also know why TLT saw distribution to send it lower right after the 11:30 SPY triangle failed yesterday, they needed all the help they could get.

This is about as ironic as the Yen rising right after 4 p.m. as the Yen/SPX correlation is so strong.

Interesting as well that SPOT VIX not only didn't care about the EOD ramp, it actually went higher!

And in after hours, VXX- VIX Futures are bid on the same positive divergence I spoke of earlier. getting ready for next week/Monday?

Why bid protection after a SPX close like that?

I can honestly tell you, I wouldn't have bought that breakout which was obvious Thursday as the first one failed, even knowing I'd have made some money if I didn't sell at the ROD, which clearly most did not.

The risk on a gap Sunday or Monday against that position, as obvious a set up that was, is enormous.


No comments: