Thursday, June 6, 2013

Curious Support

First I think one of the curious things I wanted to point out was as I wrote to a member yesterday, "If ES is going to march higher overnight, it won't do it until after extended hours trading is closed", my rationale, not to allow the shorts to cover in after hours if they see futures moving up. I was right,  futures started marching higher AFTER extended trading ended.

I don't know why it wouldn't be fair to apply that same logic to pre-market trade as well, other than the fact I think a big gap would be the most effective short squeeze, but I may not be right about that.

Any way, the curious thing is the futures finding support right where they left off at yesterday's 4 pm NY close, all 10 Es points from overnight shed for seemingly no reason 30 mins before IC and now right at the closing level from yesterday.
Pre-market right at yesterday's close.

Well we'll know soon enough when signals and prices start coming in, I'd say get ready for some stomach sickening volatility.

No comments: