Thursday, June 6, 2013

Market Update

The market is being purposefully held back here on an intraday basis, I'll post some charts.

If I didn't already have enough long exposure vs the short exposure which I want to be the main bulk of my exposure, I'd be adding right now (spec size) to leveraged long ETFs like UPRO, TQQQ, URTY, UDOW, FAS, TECL, etc.

I don't think you need 4 market averages, I like the SPY and IWM (UPRO/URTY), if I had UPRO I'd go a bit easy on FAS as the SPX has decent financial representation, the same as if I had TQQQ (Qs 3x long) I would go easy on TECL (3x long technology) because the Q's have so much exposure to tech.

I still want my portfolio at about 75% of core short positions for the bigger picture, I'd want some cash and the rest (which all depends on your risk tolerance), I'd personally want to take advantage of this move, but I wouldn't blame anyone for sitting it out and waiting for the bigger move to set up and that is shorting core positions in to higher prices; That's the main trade and position, the longs are hitch-hikers that make extra $.

No comments: