Monday, June 3, 2013

Positions If You Are Interested...

Placing option positions is much different than equity positions, you need momentum going against the trade you want to place, earlier I opened a SPY Call (long), but I needed downside momentum when everyone is selling SPY calls so I can buy them on the cheap.

It's similar with stocks, the same concept, but the Options pricing formula is much more complicated and makes positioning a much more important affair.

For those who want to play an upside move, this is still a good area, just be careful that you aren't violating Reg. T as a pattern day trader in case we need to get out fast which I doubt, but you have to keep it in mind.

These are also speculative and you need to be able to watch them, but any of the following should work fine.

UPRO (3x long SPY), URTY (3x long IWM), TQQQ (3x long IWM), UDOW (3x long the DIA) or FAS (3x long Financials).

All are still in good position to take advantage of a move to the upside.

I'll show you what I expect next in the following post.

No comments: