Friday, February 21, 2014

Closing 3C charts

As was the case earlier, the SPX has the best relative 3C performance vs the Q's, Russell 2000 and DIA (which is right there with the Q's, maybe worse).

This does not mean that it's positive performance/signals. I suppose it could be enough to get a small move like the one I talked about in the last post and with AAPL with its positive divegrence...
I'd think that it wouldn't make an upside move against the broader market, I'd expect some cooperation from the averages or at least a neutral market.

The USD/JPY's intraday positive is still in place so maybe something happens before futures close out, this is not the kind of divergence that will carry over to the next day or the weekend.

I'd almost say if it weren't for AAPL, I'd wouldn't be talking about a very short move up at all.

With things the way they are and I'll show you, my best guess (as I do every Friday) would be a piercing of resistance for the SPX followed by a failure, I want to say all in the same day, but whenever I say that I always am reminded of the lesson of market extremity, "Whatever you think is reasonable for time or target, multiply it by 3".

WHEN I SAID,

 "I hope the market can hold in the area or move up a little on Monday, there are a number of core short positions or option trades I want to enter immediately, PCLN and NFLX are among them"

I DIDN'T SAY THIS FOR THEATRICAL EFFECT OR ANY OTHER REASON THAN A TRUE WISH, I THINK ONCE I POST THE CHARTS I HAVE SEEN THAT LED ME TO THIS (EVEN THOUGH WE EXPECTED THIS SINCE BEFORE THE MOVE STARTED, JANUARY 31ST I BELIEVE IS WHEN THE ENTIRE SCENARIO WAS THROWN OUT THERE, OF WHICH ALL OF IT HAS COME TRUE THUS FAR), YOU TOO WILL UNDERSTAND WHY I FEEL THIS WAY AND WHY I FEEL AN URGENCY TO GET THESE POSITIONS NAILED DOWN.


No comments: