Friday, February 21, 2014

UNG Trade Management

As you know, for nearly 2 years we have been tracking the changes in character in UNG since its 2011/2012 downtrend and large base. I love UNG as a long term primary long position, I think it will be entering its own bull market independent of the broader market and as such I've almost  always had a long position there except when I see pullbacks coming that look obvious, then I take profits, wait for the pullback to end and re-enter. 

As you know, the DGAZ trading long has been hammered (on an expected UNG pullback), but I've maintained it because I believe in it, which also means I believe UNG will pullback significantly which will open new opportunities for those who want to get involved.

However for now, even though intraday this may not be the best place, I WILL BE CLOSING THE UNG CORE LONG (I took partial profits last week). I'll have some charts up shortly, as I said there may be a better intraday exit, but I'm not too concerned with a percent or so here or there, I'd rather have the dry powder ready to go for new opportunities.

THIS HAS BEEN AN EXCEPTIONALLY DIFFICULT DECISION TO MAKE BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN UNG, but I think the probabilities are high enough that a pullback is in the cards.

No comments: