Thursday, June 20, 2013

VXX Put / UVXY & XIV Long

Depending on how much leverage you are comfortable with, you could go with VXX puts or if you just want to play a less leveraged equity long position, then XIV would be the asset.

I will enter July VXX $22 puts on sale this morning.

The charts.
 VXX 1 min which looks worse since the last capture. I think it could make another intraday high, but as far as momentum goes for a put, I don't see much reason in waiting any longer.

VXX 2 min

VXX 3 min

UVXY is the same as VXX, just 2x leveraged - the 1 min

The 2 min negative

I didn't want to draw on this so you could see how negative the 3 min is and

the same goes for the 5 min which should have been able to confirm the move up by now if it had anything behind it.

I'll be entering the VXX put now.

No comments: