Wednesday, August 28, 2013

UNG Update

The last update I put out on UNG was Friday Aug. 23rd in that update I said,

" I think UNG will pullback to fill a gap, for me as a longer term equity core position it doesn't matter, but for someone in a call position it probably does"

The area I had in mind as marked on the chart from that day was around $18.10, we're at $18.62 right now and I suspect we have some more backing and filling to do before UNG resumes a move higher. Remember tomorrow morning is the EIA  Nat. Gas. Inventories which can cause some volatility.

The way the charts stand now, we did get the pullback as expected but it has turned in to more of a consolidation...
 The detailed intraday 2 min shows yesterday's highs as going negative or never really going positive thus the gap down today.

However in the mid-ramge of 10-15 min there's been improvement, a pullback to $18.10 even with these charts staying exactly as they are would give us a positive signal that is stronger.

Ultimately I'd like to see this 30 min at least move to a new high, even if by a bit and the 1-5 min charts all go positive, we aren't there quite yet, but it is possible UNG could consolidate sideways in this large range rather than pull all the way back to $18.10, although I'd prefer $18.10 be filled.

I suspect the recent strength in UNG is war premium.


No comments: