Wednesday, July 17, 2013

AAPL and MCP P/L

AAPL was a long equity position that I believe will see more upside as I think it's part of a bear market counter trend rally (specifically in AAPL). However near term I decided that some of the charts I expected to hold up, just didn't and that holding this position (even though I intend for it to be a longer term position) would at best be opportunity cost and at worse, the loss of the recent gains. I actually called this out as a sell Monday, the AAPL Calls opened Friday late in the day and closed at 10:45 Monday morning had about 2 hours of market exposure and made +50%.

I never posted the P/L for the equity position or today's MCP equity position.


AAPL


At the fill of $429.76 the AAPL P/L came out to almost 7.5%, that's most of the move from AAPL's recent closing lows.

I decided to take half the MCP position off today and probably use a trailing stop on the other half unless something pops up, I do like MCP a lot as a longer term long position and although I really miss just putting a position like that away and not worry about it, I have to try to get you the best entry and exit areas I can.

MCP


At the $7.24 fill the gain came out to be a little better than +10.75%, we ended up closing this about $.08 off the intraday high.

MCP's closed out trade today.

For now I'd rather use a 15 min/50 bar m.a. as the stop, perhaps I'll use the trend channel at some point. If you want to tighten the stop up the 10 min 50-bar works pretty well here too.

MCP 15 min 50 bar m.a. as a stop, this should move higher and locking gains pretty quickly.

No comments: