Friday, June 7, 2013

AAPL Update

Yesterday I opened some AAPL calls, as of now they are down less than 5% so they are doing fine, I'll almost certainly add to them, but I want to see the intraday timeframes and the market and especially QQQ timeframes align, it seems AAPL is being held in reserve for the next wave or push up as it moving up will have a significant impact on the NDX (QQQ).

 This is just intraday trade, but it seems to show accumulation of AAPL at the lows and AAPL turned back right at first resistance which is yesterday's close, that light trendline is yesterday's close.

 The 2 min chart leading positive and a range in price.

3 min chart, the single divergence on a 3 min chart is intraday and not particularly strong, but the trend of the chart shows a stronger picture, compare where price and 3C were at point A and point B, you'll see price lower and 3C significantly higher. 3C is tracking underlying flows of money that would be identified as institutional trades, not retail.

5 min chart is pretty much self explanatory, except the signal on the 3rd which seems to indicate accumulation started back then.

In my experience with 3C, wherever the first divergence is (in this case up around the 3C area on the 3rd), the eventual move (reversal to the upside) will surpass that area in price, in other words even if you bought on the 3rd at higher prices, give it time and price will almost always move past that area putting your position at a gain, from time to time I demonstrate this, I'll do so again once we are through with the current set up.


Yesterday the 10 min chart was leading positive sharply higher, that is a huge move in a very short period of time, you can see where it ended on the close yesterday, today it has added significantly to that, not to mention the rather large relative positive divergence at the white arrow,

The 15 min chart has migration from the 10 min and is positive (this is confirming action in 3C) and...

So far we have seen migration in to the 30 min timeframe, this "could" lead to a move that is on the scale of a counter trend bounce, the last one was worth about 19%. I may have to reconsider my core short holding in AAPL which is still rather small- I'm not drawing any conclusions with that statement, I'm saying exactly what I mean.

If I add to AAPL, of course I'll let you know first.

No comments: